The CalPERS Dependent Eligibility Verification (DEV) Project is an effort to verify the eligibility of currently enrolled dependents receiving CalPERS health benefits. The Verification phase will take place from December 1, 2014 through January 20, 2015. During this period, the DEV project requires active and retired health plan subscribers to provide documentation to a contracted vendor, HMS Employer Solutions (HMS), supporting their dependents' eligibility for CalPERS health coverage. HMS verifies dependent eligibility by reviewing supporting documentation submitted by subscribers.
If you are a CalPERS health plan subscriber with one or more enrolled dependents, you have already received a letter from HMS regarding the DEV project.
The deadline for active employees to submit required documentation to HMS is January 20, 2015. Retirees are in a different phase of notification and their deadline to submit documentation is unknown at this time.
On or before December 1, 2014, HMS will mail letters to school employees who have dependents enrolled in a CalPERS health plan. The letter will include the following information/items:
- Currently enrolled dependent(s) on the health plan;
- Rules for dependent eligibility;
- Documentation that the employee is required to submit;
- Important deadlines for response;
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ);
- Contact Information for HMS; and
- A postage-paid Business Reply Envelope to return information to HMS.
- Carefully read the information you receive from HMS – there are important deadlines included in the letter that can impact your dependents’ coverage if deadlines are not met.
- Please submit required documentations to HMS, not CalPERS, not FHDA, in a timely manner.
- Learn more about the CalPERS DEV project on the CalPERS website
The DEV Project is an independent review conducted by CalPERS and HMS. Therefore, any questions you may have related to the verification process and/or documentation required or your specific situation must be directed to HMS.
HMS may be contacted via:
For a complete list of FAQs, go to: FAQs – For Members > Dependent Eligibility Verification Project >FAQs – Dependent Eligibility Verification.
Secure Website: http://www.VerifyOS.com (also available on your mobile device)
Mail: P.O. Box 1587, Jeffersonville, IN 47131-9980